Accreditation rules for media representatives at the Russian Energy Week International Forum
Media and blogosphere representatives are accredited for the Russian Energy Week International Forum (hereinafter REW) to ensure the necessary conditions for their professional activities when preparing and disseminating complete and reliable information about REW events.
The accreditation of media and blogosphere representatives is required to work at all REW events.
When performing their professional activities, media and blogosphere representatives are required to respect the rights and legitimate interests of REW participants and staff and to comply with generally recognized ethical standards.
The number of media and blogosphere representatives who can take part in REW is limited due to the organizers’ desire to provide media and blogosphere representatives with the most comfortable working arrangements and quick access to all necessary resources given the media’s significant interest in the event and taking into account the limited infrastructural capabilities of the event venue.
REW 2023 will be held in compliance with all required safety measures and recommendations of the Russian Federal Service for Surveillance on Consumer Rights Protection and Human Wellbeing (hereinafter Rospotrebnazor) to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The REW Organizing Committee reserves the right to determine the number of accredited media and blogosphere representatives as dictated by the sanitary and epidemiological situation.
Follow the latest news on the official REW website and in newsletters.
The editorial staff of the media and blogosphere is responsible for the accuracy of data provided about an organization’s employees in accordance with the laws of the Russian Federation.
Accreditation of media and blogosphere representatives
Accreditation application submission and review procedure
- Media and blogosphere representatives who wish to cover REW events, as well as media representatives with a specialized focus who wish to cover a specialized business event during REW must submit an accreditation application (hereinafter an application) through the official REW website (rusenergyweek.com).
- All fields must be completed in the application with particular attention paid to the mandatory fields marked with an asterisk.
- Applications may be submitted through the official REW website from 18 September to 2 October.
- The review period is at least 10 calendar days following the expiration of the deadline for accepting applications for registration from media and blogosphere representatives.
- Accreditation for media and blogosphere representatives is valid for the entire duration of REW.
- Applications are accepted from blogosphere representatives who have the ‘Verified Account’ status in the REW accreditation system.
Accreditation quotas for media and blogosphere representatives
- From print publications:
- newspapers – 3 people (2 correspondents, 1 photographer)
- magazines – 2 people (1 correspondent, 1 photographer)
- From information agencies – 4 people (2 correspondents, 2 photographers)
- From electronic publications – 2 people (1 correspondent, 1 operator)
- From television companies – 7 people (2 correspondents, 1 producer, 2 operators, 2 sound operators)
- From radio companies – 2 people (2 correspondents)
- From the blogosphere – 3 people
The number of media representatives from the information partners of REW is determined in accordance with information partnership agreements.
- From print publications:
Procedure for issuing accreditation badges to media and blogosphere representatives
- Media and blogosphere representatives are given accreditation badges provided their registration applications are approved by the REW Organizing Committee.
- Accreditation badges are issued at accreditation stations in Moscow. Information about the location and hours of the accreditation stations is available on the official REW website.
- Accreditation badges may only be issued if the following conditions are met:
- if there is confirmed accreditation in the REW database
- if there is written consent for the processing of ‘My Personal Data’
- upon presenting a passport (the passport data must match the data specified in the registration form)
- if an accreditation badge is obtained by proxy, you must provide a power of attorney as well as a copy of your passport
- representatives of the blogosphere must have the status ‘Verified Account’ in the Roscongress Foundation system
- The badge is personalized and may not be given to third parties during REW. The badge must be worn in a visible place at all times when at the REW venue.
- Any other accreditation cards are not valid for entering the REW venue.
- If an accreditation badge is lost or stolen, the media or blogosphere representative must immediately notify any information desk. A lost badge will be blocked. A duplicate will be issued based on a written request
Rules for accessing REW events
- Accreditation for media and blogosphere representatives is mandatory to work at all REW events.
- Media and blogosphere representatives and media technical personnel are granted access based on the regulation for the access of technical personnel to the event venue.
- Media and blogosphere representatives and media technical personnel are granted access to the venue after they pass a COVID-19 test. The procedure and details of how and where to take a PCR test will be clarified later and posted on the REW website. Testing must be completed exclusively in accordance with the procedure determined by Rospotrebnadzor. Information about accreditation points and testing procedures will be posted on the event’s official website.
Denial of accreditation
The REW Organizing Committee reserves the right to deny accreditation without explanation.
Rights and obligations of media and blogosphere representatives accredited for REW events
- Media and blogosphere representatives accredited for REW may:
- Utilize all services specifically intended for the work of media and blogosphere representatives.
- Obtain information about official REW events and exhibitions (press releases, business programme, etc.).
- Work at the REW press centre during official events and use the press centre infrastructure.
- Attend press conferences, briefings, and other press events.
- Media and blogosphere representatives accredited for REW must:
- Verify the accuracy of the information they report
- Fulfil the requests of individuals who provide information with a reference to its source
- Inform citizens and officials about any audio or video recording, filming, or photography when obtaining information from such individuals
- Not use their professional capabilities to conceal information or falsify public information or collect information for a third party or organization that is not a media outlet or a blog
- Suspend (stop) photography or video recording at the request of REW security service officials
- Not take photos/record videos at the inspection points of the REW venue
- Not disseminate printed materials on the territory of REW without approval from the Organizing Committee of the event
- When using official information and quoting statements from REW participants, adhere to the event’s Citation Policy, specifically: finished materials must contain a reference to the event and the source of the information obtained, and for electronic media and the blogosphere – a reference to the official website (rusenergyweek.com); any amendments, additions, or distortions of copied (cited) information are not permitted.