Visa = An invitation for foreign visitors + A document checklist
An invitation for foreign visitors
! Please note, that an invitation for foreign visitors is a separate document from a REW invitation. This document comes from Forum organizers.
This document could be generated in the Roscongress personal account (follow the tabs ‘My events – REW 2022 – Event dashboard – Visa support’).
Participant’s data is automatically uploaded into the invitation for foreign visitors from the Roscongress personal account. Participant only needs to tell the location of visa receipt.
If errors in personal data were found while filling out the document, the participant can contact Roscongress Foundation specialists to make changes in the personal data. The invitation for foreign visitors can then be generated.
An invitation for foreign visitors must be downloaded, printed and submitted along with other required visa documents.
Upon presenting your invitation for foreign visitors to their local Russian consular office, participants will be able to receive a same-day, short-term, single-use entry visa into the Russian Federation for the period from 5 to 24 October 2022 at one of the Russian Federation's consular offices.
In order to apply for an entry visa into the Russian Federation, the invited individual must visit their local consular office of the Russian Federation. The locations of your nearest Russian consular office can be found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
We recommend that participants visit their local Russian consular office well in advance – no later than two (2) weeks before their departure.
It is not recommended that participants acquire entry visas through third-party visa centres or travel agencies, as they are not authorized to issue official visas.
You will need the following documents when visiting a consular office:
- A printed invitation for foreign visitors. The document must be generated in the Roscongress personal account.
- Valid travel documents accepted by the Russian Federation (common, official, diplomatic, UN passport). The passport must have two (2) blank pages and be valid for at least half a year after the end date of the requested visa.
- A completed and printed copy of the visa application. The application must be completed in advance on the official website of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation visa.kdmid.ru. When completing the application for official delegation members, representatives of business circles, and persons accompanying those representatives, please list ‘official visits’, ‘diplomatic visits’ or ‘working visits’ as the ‘purpose of visit’. Journalists should list ‘press/correspondent’ or ‘press/tech’ as their ‘purpose of visit’.
- One 35x45 mm photograph (in colour or black and white) where the subject’s face is clearly visible and facing forward; the subject is not wearing glasses with tinted lenses nor a hat nor head covering (with the exception of countries where a hat or head covering is a mandatory part of national or religious attire as long as the individual is also wearing such a hat or head covering in their passport photo). The photograph must be recent – taken within half a year before the date that the application is filed.
- Proof of medical insurance coverage valid within the Russian Federation.