A valid passport and a visa are required to enter the Russian Federation.
Visitors holding an invitation to Russian Energy Week 2019 are eligible to apply for a short-term visa for the period from 25 September to 15 October 2019 through a simplified procedure in Russian consulates abroad.
Members of official delegations and accompanying persons are provided single diplomatic (for diplomatic passports) and official (for business and ordinary passports) visas; businesspersons and accompanying persons receive single entry business visas.
The host organization is the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation.
We recommend that Forum participants apply for a visa in advance.
To apply for an entry visa to the Russian Federation, the invited person must contact the appropriate Russian consular office abroad (information on the locations of the Russian Federation’s consular offices can be found here).
When visiting the consular office to apply for an entry visa you must bring the following documents:
- A valid passport issued in the name of the visa applicant, which must have two blank pages and be valid for at least six months after the expiry of the requested visa.
- A printed and duly completed visa application form. The form must have been completed on the website of the Russian consular office abroad. The form can be found on the website of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
- When filling in the application form, members of official delegations, businesspersons and accompanying persons should indicate ‘negotiations’ as the purpose of the trip. Journalists should indicate ‘press/cor’, ‘press/tech’.
- The form must be printed out and signed and a 35 mm × 45 mm colour or black-and-white photo without a head covering attached to it (a head covering is allowed only for religious reasons and if in the passport photo of the foreign citizen he/she also has a head covering).
- A copy of the invitation in Russian or English or its electronic version.
- A document confirming payment of the consular visa application fee for businesspersons and accompanying persons (please refer to the website of the Russian consular office where the visa application will be made for information on fees).
- A medical insurance policy valid within the Russian Federation.
It is not recommended to apply for an entry visa through intermediaries.
In several countries, visa applications are submitted only through visa application centres. These centres charge applicants a service fee for accepting and verifying their visa application documents.
In most countries, documents are submitted directly at the consular section by pre-booked appointment. For more detailed information, please visit the website of the consulate in the country where you are applying for the entry visa, which can be found here.
In the case of visa application centres, the service fee and visa application fee are paid at the centre.